Wood Siding Fayetteville, AR
Having beautiful wood siding on your home can make all the difference in curb appeal.
Wood Siding in Fayetteville, AR
Wood Siding Fayetteville AR. We are a full-service siding contractor serving Fayetteville, Springdale, and NWA. Our professionals can install all types of home exterior products including wood sidings such as larch, cedar or pine tongue, and groove and classic shakes in the Northwest Arkansas area. Call today to get your free estimate from a local company that offers the best pricing for its clients in Fayetteville.
Like most of the other siding materials on sale nowadays wood has been around since ancient times but it was first used primarily for interior finishing due to its high cost and fragility when exposed to extreme weather conditions.
Request a Call Back
WOOD SIDING GUIDE
Benefits in Wood Siding in Fayetteville AR
Durability – Wood is one of the most durable construction materials used for home exteriors. Its ability to withstand our harsh climate and natural elements makes it a great choice for homeowners in Fayetteville AR.
Wood has been around since ancient times, even before more popular siding materials such as vinyl were invented. And despite its age wood still remains one of the most versatile, beautiful, eco-friendly, and cost-efficient products you can choose when considering siding your home or office buildings in Fayetteville Arkansas.
Exterior Siding Options Available In Fayetteville AR?
There are countless options available today when it comes to choosing to the side for your home exterior in Fayetteville AR. Most manufacturers offer different types of wood siding that are typically made from either pine, cedar, or vinyl.
Pine – Pine is the most common choice for homeowners in Fayetteville AR when it comes to wood sidings. Pine Wood panels are easy to install and are durable against different weather elements such as sun, rain, snow, or wind. The price of pine sidings is affordable even for ordinary homeowners so you can always expect top-notch quality at a budget-friendly price.
Pros and Cons of Wood Siding
Pros Vs. Cons Of Wood Siding
Pro – The topmost advantage of using wood sidings for your house exterior is it’s a natural beauty. Unlike other synthetic sidings, this type gives off a sense of warmth and coziness that makes it more appealing to people especially if they opt for wooden fences as well.
Cons – How expensive these panels may seem, applying them on your walls will only be a temporary investment since they start to deteriorate sooner than expected even with regular maintenance and cleaning.
You may want to consult an expert before installing wood sidings on your home if you live in areas that experience extreme weather conditions regularly such as the Great Lakes region of the US or even western Canada. Wood siding works best in regions with moderate annual temperatures like most parts of Fayetteville AR.
Cost of Wood Siding
When it comes to wood sidings, the price would depend on what main material or type you are buying. In general, pine is a natural product and it’s cheaper than other types of wood siding like cedar since they come from different parts of any tree. You may also want to consider adding other features such as weather-resistant sealants for protection against water damage which can be an added expense. On average, however, typical wood siding costs about $5 per square foot from suppliers in Fayetteville Arkansas.
VINYL SIDING SOLUTION
- Low Cost
- usually less expensive than aluminum or steel siding
- From $3 to $8 per square foot on average (materials plus labor)
- Low Maintenance
- never needs painting
- siding section can be replaced individually
- Interlocking Strips
- Range of Styles
- Range of Colors
- Variety of Textures
- Often Applied Over Old Wood Siding
- can crack in cold weather due to impact
- Proper installation is critical to avoid warping or buckling
Fiber Cement Siding
- moderate to high in price
- around $10 per square foot – installed
- the latest development in a residential siding
- extremely durable
- not subject to rot or insect damage
- low-maintenance; virtually maintenance-free
- cuts and installs like wood siding
- closest to emulating a natural wood grain
- Complementary trim and millwork pieces available
- comes primed or pre-finished
- Various Styles: beveled planks, shingle or shakes, and stucco-panel
- may never need to replace it during home ownership
- moderate to very high in cost
- average costs are $3 to $14 per square foot – installed
- Cost varies widely due to wood species, style and finish
- one of the most attractive options
- Common types include wood planks, boards or panels, and shingles
- wide variety of styles, textures, and finishes
- fairly easy to repair
- difficult to install over existing siding
- requires an exterior finish, such as paint or stain
- overall requires higher maintenance
- Stained finishes usually require somewhat less maintenance than paint
- can be damaged by sun exposure
- Susceptible to rot and insects
- subject to warping and splitting
- Uncoated steel and aluminum are moderate in cost
- $3 to $6 per square foot for aluminum
- $4 to $8 per square foot for steel
- Vinyl- or plastic-coated aluminum is more expensive
- comes in a broad range of styles
- hard to distinguish metal siding from wood
- often applied directly over wood siding
- low-maintenance siding option
- typically includes a factory-applied finish for maximum corrosion resistance
- overall very durable
- Depending on quality can fade, chalk or bleed
- Denting is a common problem
- can be noisy
- popular siding choice for newer homes
Wood Siding Installation Plan
Why you should choose
Fayetteville Siding Plus
When you work with Fayetteville Siding Plus, you get more than just a qualified siding installation contractor in Fayetteville AR. We make sure that each of our contractors is highly skilled and knowledgeable about the latest trends in home improvement. Contact us today to find out how we can help improve your home’s curb appeal and increase its value at the same time.